I Love Dumb Machines

This is a crane game. Yes, it's just like the one on SpongeBob SquarePants, that Mr. Krabs used to take all of Squidwards money. It's just not yellow is all. I love this kind of machine. I don't play them. I love them for their durability and simplicity. Sure the new ones have more electronic parts, but that doesn't detract from the joy of the simplicity.

What about the joy, they bring to kids of all ages? It seems like anyone with even a little gambling bug can make a try at any of the prizes. Old, young, in between, they can all make a try, and come away with a sense of accomplishment if they win.

Take a look at the prizes in this machine. Speakers, cellphone cases, I didn't take a real close look, but I am pretty sure that I didn't see a stuffed animal i  there.
I do think that these machines are some of the little things that need to be charished. Like me, they won't be around for ever.