The day in Beatty

Yes I have done a crap load of stupid things in my time. I am not done yet. Just when things look like it's the end and I won't get a chance  to do anything to top my most stupid stunt, God gives me the chance to do just that.

Today I came up with the great idea of going to another town to try to get some good photos. Instead I got to a town that was quite awful, in a charming way. Beatty, NV. When I got there I knew I botched it again. At some point I knew that it was a bad place for me to be. When I wound up selling my photography equipment for $50 to get back to where I started I wasn't sure it was a bad idea. I knew it was without a doubt. Selling my equipment was one of the hardest things I have ever done.

So I went to a dinky town in Nevada that most Nevadans don't know about lost my mind and left a part of myself there in the bargain. Like they say - nobody goes to Beatty. I didn't just go, I left a part of me there.